A Walk Through The Parc De Princes

Having already experienced the soccer atmosphere at the local pub, Luke, Aaron, Emmanuel and I decided to get the full fan experience and go to the Paris Saint-Germain home game on Sunday. After much struggle with ticket websites and phone calls, we rolled the dice and went to the stadium on game day four hours before kickoff hoping to snag four tickets together. It ended up being a smooth transaction and we were ecstatic. With about an hour to till before the gates to the stadium opened, we grabbed a bite to eat at a local restaurant. After that we headed into the stadium to claim our seats that came with PSG flags, sat down and awaited for the game to start. Fans started to pour in by the thousands, and by game time the stadium was filled to capacity, with everyone chanting and waving their PSG flags. I was hesitant at first to be my normal crazy, yelling sports fan self, but probably about fifteen minutes into the game I was just as rowdy as the locals. It was truly an unbelievable experience, and for one of the few times on the trip, I didn’t feel like a noisy, out of place, annoying tourist. I felt apart of Parisian community, as we all shared the same goal that night, to see our team come out on top. 

Map Marker

Parc De Princes Paris France
This entry was posted in Exploring Paris and tagged .
Bookmark the permalink.
Log In | Log Out